I set myself 24 goals for this year and completed 9 of them (38%), which is a significantly lower success rate compared to my 2019 and 2018 lists (60% and 56%, respectively).
- Publish 52 blog posts ❌
This was my number one goal for this year and even though I ended up publishing only 39 posts, I managed to make writing a weekly habit. Starting to write on a regular basis has been one of best decisions I’ve ever made. Over the last 366 days, my essays have been read by more than 100,000 people, my Twitter follower base grew by more than 10x and I’ve met so many incredible and interesting people in the process. The internet is amazing.
- █████ ██ ███████ ██ ███ ✅
- Read 20 books ✅
Ended up reading 21 books. The Glass Hotel was the best fiction book I read this year, History Has Begun was my favorite non-fiction book.
- Watch less TV ❌
I spent more than 160 hours watching TV this year – up more than 28% YoY. I blame the pandemic. And The Sopranos.
- Swim a total distance of 120km ❌
Due to covid-19 I only managed to swim 72 kilometers this year.
- Go for a swim at least once a week ❌
- Back exercise every second day ✅
Did my exercises on 59.29% of all days.
- ██████ ████ ████ ❌
- ████████ ████ ❌
- ██ ████████████ ❌
- Ship a redesign of this blog ❌
Still playing around with different mock-ups.
- Finish work on my daily uniform ❌
- Conduct a 2020 Quantified Self Project ✅
- Publish my 2019 Quantified Self Report before end of Jan ❌
Didn’t find time to do this.
- Limit meat consumption to 24 days ✅
- No alcohol if I have to work the next day ✅
My beer consumption decreased by more than 69% and I had 13% less cocktails. I had a few more glasses of wine though (+31%)
- Visit 1 country I haven’t been to before ❌
- Explore more new places ✅
I measure this in form of Swarm check-ins at locations I haven’t been to before. My goal for this year was to make every 4th check-in a new place (25%). I ended up at a 26% rate.
- Build a Personal CRM system ✅
While I didn’t do what I originally set out to do (building a CRM system myself), I found a pretty good solution in Clay, which does pretty much exactly what I was looking to build.
- Keep phone screen time below 1h per day ❌
This was a way too ambitious goal.
- Meditate 1h per week ❌
- Do a 3 day silent retreat ❌
- █████████ ████ ████████ ❌
- ██████████ █ ✅