I set myself 18 goals last year and completed 10 of them:
- Improve my swim skills ❌
While I hit my other swimming-related goals (see below), I failed this one. Thinking about getting a coach this year.
- Go for a swim at least once per week ✅
I made it to 119 straight weeks last Monday and hope I can keep the streak alive for another whole year.
- Swim more than in 2017 (101km) ✅
Total distance 2018: 128.5km – a 27% YoY increase
- Meditate at least 5 times per week ❌
I meditated 99 times last year (~20h), but wasn’t able to make it a habit. This has been the fourth year in a row of me failing at reaching my meditation goals.
- Finish and launch prototype of monote ✅
I launched monote in March last year. I stopped working on it full-time shortly after I launched, but it remains a side project with a couple hundred MAUs.
- ███████████████ ❌
- ██████████████ ✅
- Read at least 15 books ✅
I ended up reading 18 books (11 non-fiction, 7 fiction). My favorites were The Elephant in the Brain, Finite and Infinite Games and Bad Blood
- Read/watch more Manga/Anime ❌
(Need to figure out what books/movies/series are the best to get started)
- Write 12 long-form blog posts ❌
While I did post more than 12 long-form articles, the majority were my monthly media consumption updates. I don’t really count those as writing which was the actual goal.
- Update design of this blog ✅
- Move to Berlin ✅
- Do a total of 10950 push-ups ❌
Did these almost daily until around July, then stopped completely (not sure why).
- Watch 50 movies from the IMDB Top-250 list ❌
Realised that a lot of the movies I hadn’t seen yet are actually really boring …
- Eat less sugar ✅
(Need a way to better quantify sugar consumption)
- Limit meat consumption to 24 meals ✅
- Write more lists ❌
- Visit a country I’ve never been to before ✅
Traveled to Poland (Warsaw) in May last year.
My list for 2019 contains 15 goals. I will review those in a year from now.